1 result for tag: First Congregational Church
The Congregational faith was the established religion in the New Cambridge Ecclesiastical Society, which was formed in 1744. The geographic center of the society’s land was selected for the construction of its first meeting house, which was built in 1747. This area would be known as the Federal Hill Green. A larger meetinghouse was built in the 1770’s. The image pictured is the third meeting house built in 1832. This building is still used for services.