Prospect Methodist Church
The Episcopalians, living within the New Cambridge Society (later Bristol), left the community during the War of Independence. They were persecuted by the Congregationalists and feared for their lives because of their allegiance to the Church of England. They returned to the community 1834 and constructed a church at the present day site of the Advent Christian Church. They purchased land on the corner of Summer and Center Streets and built a larger edifice in 1880, renaming it Prospect Methodist Episcopal Church. In was enlarged in 1888. John Humphrey Sessions built, at his own expense, a large granite addition to the church in 1893.